Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Key to a Happy Marriage

Proverbs 5:18-19 "...enjoy the girl you married when you were young, a loving doe and a graceful deer. Always let her breasts satisfy you. Always be intoxicated with her love."

One of the keys to a happy marriage is to always be satisfied with your wife's breasts. They don't preach or teach on this verse much from the pulpit, but it is a very important principle for married couples. One of the purposes of a wife's breasts is to satisfy her husband...God said so in Proverbs 5:19.

When and where? Some of my conservative brothers and sisters in Christ believe that a wife should only satisfy her husband in the privacy of their house, or bedroom. It should only happen at certain times, which probably are short in duration and not very often. In contrast, the Bible says that the frequency is always, not some of the time, or most of the time...but ALWAYS. At all times, which also implies in all places a wife's breasts should be satisfying to her husband.

Why? The answer to why is found in the next verse, Proverbs 5:20 "why should you...be intoxicated with an adulterous woman and fondle a loose woman's breasts?". The reason a husband is to be satisfied with his wife's breasts is so that he is not enticed by another woman's breasts. If a husband is pleased and satisfied with his wife, he will be less likely to get involved in an adulterous affair with another woman.

How? The bible does not specifically say how, but in the context of the verse there are a few hints. First, a wife's breast should be as appealing and tempting as the other women (see why above). The whole reason and purpose for the breast satisfaction is to prevent temptation from another woman, so arguably the wife should be equally satisfying in her attempts to please her husband. Second, what is the significance of a "loving doe" and "graceful deer" in verse 18? A doe (female deer) is a graceful animal that bounces and hops as they move. It is amazing to watch a doe run away, as the spring and bounce gracefully out of sight. For some reason, deer have a way of capturing our attention, as many car drivers will often slow down to look at a deer grazing along side the road. Perhaps the reason that a doe, or graceful deer was used in the context of breast satisfaction was to hint at the graceful bouncing and movement, which captivates the attention of man. In Song of Songs (Solomon) 4:5 and 7:3 it says, "your two breasts are like two fawns, twins of a gazelle (deer like animal)".

6 Comments:

At 1/05/2006 4:12 AM, Blogger paul said...

So I posted this the other day...but it must have gotten lost in cyber world. But I was wondering if you were married? My suspicion is "no" but I was testing my theory.

 
At 1/05/2006 7:22 PM, Blogger SAM said...

Hi Paul,
Before I answer your question about my marital status, I would like to know what your theory is? Why do you assume I am not married?

Now to answer your question. Yes, I am happily married to a wonderful and godly woman.

 
At 1/05/2006 7:40 PM, Blogger paul said...

Well... it was a guess. You seem to be okay with "lust." Or maybe I read you wrong. I agree with you on a lot of stuff... in fact... I too believe the church doesn't talk about sex enough -- it is a great gift...but...

If my wife is wearing clothes that allure me... or satisfy MY desire to look at her body (which I confess, I like when she does this) it is also satisfying OTHER men's desires as well. And that can be sin.

Make sense?

But I appreciate your thoughts. I might send some readers you way if you don't mind.

 
At 1/05/2006 7:43 PM, Blogger paul said...

that's funny... I think we were reading each other blog's at the same time. The second I posted on yours... I got an email from you.

 
At 1/06/2006 12:44 AM, Blogger SAM said...

I'm not okay with "Lust". I beleive lust is wrong and that the Bible clearly teaches the destructive power of lust.

However, I believe our culture and throughout history we have changed the definition of lust into something that is not biblical. I can look at a beautiful woman, respect her beauty, even be attracted to her...but that does not mean that I desire (lust) to have sex with her. I was watching the superbowl when Janet's breast was exposed and I can tell you that I did not lust after her, even though I saw her breast. I suspect there were many men who may have been entertained by it, but were not struggling with strong desires to have sex with her. I honestly believe that so many conservative christians were worried about the lust perspective, the bare breast that they missed the worst part, which was the condoning of violence against women.

I believe our culture has created a loose definition of lust and desire, coupled with the fact that we paint men to be these hedonistic animals uncapable of controlling their minds and willing to have sex with anything that moves...which I believe is wrong. I believe many men deal with unnecessary guilt and burdens to the point where they give up or feel helpless.

I'll have to write a blog on lust, because I have many thoughts to share.

 
At 2/25/2006 8:26 PM, Blogger Marvin said...

Sam - I like your thoughts on several issues that you have here.

Paul - It is funny, we like for other men to look/allures at our house, cars, boats - and as long as they do not steal it is ok. But our wife is different. Why?
I want my wife to allure and satisfy my male desires.
The sin, if it is, is when the other man moves from his thoughts and acts on it.
Just because you are on a diet, does not mean that you cann’t look at or enjoy the thought and pleasure of what is out there.

Both - The church has NOT done it's job in teaching sex and marriage. I was in my mid 20s when I found out about female hygiene and that was after four years in the service in the mid 60s.

Sam - I am looking forward to your posting on lust.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home