Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Protecting Your Head (Right to Lead)

    I was listening to a popular christian radio program promoting family values and I was disgusted by what I heard. Some women guests talked about the need for men to step up and lead, which on the surface sounds good. But as I listened to the tone and examined their words closer, it was clear that these women thought more highly of women than men. They respected what women were doing in the families and felt that the women needed help from their husbands. The problem according to them is that men are not being the spiritual leader that they need to be. Why is the problem always with the man?
   It is time for men to speak up and to block the attacks to our headship. For decades the media has been portraying men as weak, lazy, and the target of demeaning jokes. And now the attacks are coming from christian media as men are portrayed as the source of the problem. What if the problem is not with a lack of leadership, rather the problem is a lack of respect for authority? Lack of submission?
    As I look at the families around me, I see an overwhelming lack of respect for authority and the headship of man. I see a lot of strong women who are in control and unwilling to give it up. I don't see a society of submissive women, not even in the church.  How can a man lead his family when his authority and headship is attacked, when his wife refuses to submit to him?  At church, in my car listening to christian radio, at the movie theater, on TV, and everywhere I go I hear attacks on men...not respectful words. I agree that men need to step up and lead, but men need supportive and submissive wives. As soon as a man stands up to lead he gets attacked. He is judged and his right to lead and his choice of direction is questioned.
   We all need to stand together and start protecting the heads of families. Wives need to protect their husband's authority and respect him no matter what he does. We need to stop speaking negatively and blaming men (authority) for the problems in families. We need submissive and respectful women to step up and do their part in families. Maybe more men would lead if the women would give up control. Maybe there are more men leading than there are women willing to follow. If we want men to lead and be the head of the family, then we need to protect our head.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home