Thursday, February 09, 2006

Sex Honors God

Recently, I listened to a series by C.J. Mahaney of Sovereign Grace Ministries where he talked about sex honoring God. His wife also gave a speech at a marital conference regarding "Celebrating Marital Love". I have to admit that this was the first time that I have ever heard a pastor and his wife brave enough to speak candidly about sex and marriage from a biblical perspective.

God created sex for our pleasure. In Carolyn's message, she makes an interesting statement that God created the clitoris for one, and only one function...to bring sexual pleasure to a woman. God intended for sex to be pleasurable, that is why He created our bodies the way that He did. The Bible also tells us that He expected a husband and wife to daily give themselves to each other (I Cor. 7).

Sex is an important part of marriage and it something that should be celebrated. Christians ought to be one of the biggest proponents for sexual satisfaction. Our passion, love and commitment to our spouse should be clearly visible for the world to see. We should not be ashamed of our sexuality and the sex that we share with our beloved spouse.

1 Comments:

At 9/29/2010 3:22 PM, Anonymous Dawn said...

Hi Sam I just happened on your blog and I think that you and I should exchange links. I have several blogs and a website along with hundreds of articles speaking about what you say and I am a woman!!!
enjoy
www.thehappyspouse.com
on my website you can see my articles and my many blogs.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home